FREE 2 or 3-Day Delivery on 10,000+ Items. Details

Talk to an F-150 Enthusiast
1-888-706-1096
M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
New Year, New Mods! WIN $4K Enter Daily >
$20 OFF – AmericanTrucks Show View Deal>

Barricade Skid Plate for Barricade HD Off-Road Front Bumper T542716 Only (09-14 F-150, Excluding Raptor)

Item T542717
Call a F150 Enthusiast at 1-888-706-1096
M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
$0.00
Market Price $146.99 You Save 15% ($22.00)
Our Price

$124.99 (each)

FREE Shipping

Will this fit your Vehicle?

Select a different vehicle Help?
Update or Change Vehicle

Item Options

In Stock

Ship to: Ashburn - 20149
Sorry, please enter a valid US or CA postal code
We're sorry, zip can't be updated at this time.
    Create a list
    Add to New List

Saved - View your saved items

We're sorry. We couldn't save this product at this time.

or use

Video Review & Installation

Hey, guys. Adam here with americantrucks.com. And today, we're taking a quick look at and installing the Barricade Skid Plate for the HD Off-Road Front Bumper, available for the '09 to '14 F-150. Now, if you already own or looking to pick up the specific Barricade HD off-road front bumper, you might be in need of some undercarriage protection that it doesn't otherwise come with.This additional skid plate from Barricade is made from a one-piece steel plate construction with a textured black powder-coated finish for some corrosion and rust resistance, and it bolts right up to the underside of the Barricade HD off-road front bumper and your front cross member. That's gonna add some undercarriage protection for some on end off-road trail hazards.Now, of course, we all know that the terrain you're driving on isn't always going to be even. So if you hit that rocky or uneven terrain, you might be susceptible to some undercarriage damage from large or even small obstacles. Even when you're driving on the highway, how many times have you seen some obstacles in your road, whether it be a tire or maybe a dead animal in that case? And that can really cause some damage if you go over it. And if God forbid you were to, this guy will add that protection.Now the factory skid plate, if you can even call it that, is something that really just protects that front cross member and a little bit of the front diff not really comparable to an off-road skid plate like this though, which extends the entire front end directly under the engine bay. Not some coverage that you get with a typical factory skid plate, definitely not one that compares to the one that we had on this truck, which I'll show you guys later on in the video. Now, this particular skid plate here is gonna come in right around 150 bucks, making it a pretty affordable way to add that protection to that off-road front bumper.Now, that off-road front bumper is pretty modular, there's space for auxiliary lighting, there's space for additional items in the grille. It comes with cube lights, and adding that skid plate can really just make it your own and build into that off-road appearance and functionality. Now, the install for the skid plate alone is only gonna take you about 20 minutes or so from start to finish. I'm gonna give one out of three wrenches on our difficulty meter. I'm gonna show you guys every step of that process. It is going to include all the hardware required to get the job done. If you have a factory lower air dam, some trucks may come with that, you may need to remove that in order to get this guy installed properly. Ours did not, but it's worth noting there as well.Finally, guys, if you have some other off-road front bumper, not the Barricade HD, this one is not gonna be for you, specifically designed for the Barricade HD off-road front bumper. I know I sound like a broken record, but that is really important when you're looking at the skid plate alone. Now, if you need help or some guidance installing the Barricade bumper itself, that is a separate video, we have a walkthrough for that as well. This one is just gonna be walking you through the skid plate assuming the front bumper is already installed. So head over there to check that out and then come back here for the install of the skid plate. What do you say we get started?Tools used in the install include an impact gun, extension, 13-millimeter deep socket, and a 5-millimeter hex socket, or the Allen key included in the kit. First up here, if you have a factory skid plate, we do have to get that out of the way, if you don't, you can just move forward with the install. There are four 13-millimeter bolts holding this guy on. This guy is looking a little worse for wear, we do have a used vehicle, so you may have one missing or so, get all four of them off though, and we'll set that aside.Next step, grab a flathead, we're gonna pop out these factory U-nut clips if you had a factory skid plate, if not, again, you're just moving on past this. Now you can take the U-nut clips included in the kit and basically do the same thing in reverse order. And again, using a flathead may be easier. All right. The same thing on both sides. All right. So next you're gonna hold your skid plate up in a position, tuck the front end under the bumper. Line up those holes in the back where we just put those U-nut clips in and install the longer bolts included in the kit through those holes.I'm gonna try to throw this guy in as much as I can to help hold this guy in a little bit better. Now you can do the same thing for the bolts on the front end. Now on the skid plate, you have welded on nuts, so just line up those weld on nuts to those open holes in the bottom of your Barricade bumper specifically made for this because the free drill holes are there. Thread in the bolts.Now, when it comes to tightening these down, you can use the Allen key included in the kit or switch over to a hex socket, that's what I'm gonna do to make life a little bit faster and easier. All right. So I got my 5-millimeter hex socket, let's tighten these guys down. All right. And then the two in the front. From here, you're good to go. That's gonna wrap up my review and install for the Barricade Skid Plate for the HD Off-Road Front Bumper from Barricade, available for the '09 to '14 F-150. You can get yours right here at americantrucks.com.

Product Information

Features, Description, Reviews, Q&A, Specs & Installation

Features

• Skid Plate - Under Carriage Protection
      • Designed for Barricade HD Off-Road Front Bumper
      • Cold Formed Construction
      • Heavy Duty 5/32-inch Steel Plate
      • Textured Black Powder Coated Finish
      • Direct Bolt-On Installation
      • Fits 2009-2014 Ford F-150 Models, Excluding SVT Raptor

Description

Under Carriage Protection. A great way to protect the under carriage of your Barricade HD Off-road Front Bumper equipped F-150 is with a Skid Plate. Designed to easily attach to your HD Off-road Front Bumper, this Skid Plate will help to protect your front under carriage from all types of trail hazards. Built tough from heavy duty steel plate, this Barricade Skid Plate is ideal for off-road applications.

High Quality Construction. Cold formed into shape, this Barricade Skid Plate is manufactured from heavy duty 5/32 inch steel plating for strength. After trimming and final finishing Barricade then completes their Skid Plate in a two stage finish using epoxy pre-coating and high-grade textured black powder coating for durability and long lasting corrosion resistance.

Direct Bolt-On Installation. Barricade engineered their Skid Plate to be a direct bolt on upgrade for their HD Off-Road Front Bumper. There is no cutting or modifications required for a clean straight forward install. Installation can be completed in under 30 minutes with just basic hand tools.

Application. This Barricade Skid Plate is designed for use on 2009-2014 Ford F-150 models equipped with the Barricade HD Off-Road Front Bumper part# T542716.

Barricade Off-Road

Shop All Truck Parts And Accessories

Shop All Truck Armor And Skid Plates

Shop All Truck Exterior Accessories

Fitment:

Details

Barricade T542717

CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Installation & What's in the Box

Installation Info

What's in the Box

• (1) Skid Plate
      • Mounting Hardware

Customer Reviews (37)

Questions & Answers

10 More Questions

Will It Fit My F-150

• 3.5L V6 EcoBoost - 11, 12, 13, 14
        • 3.7L V6 - 11, 12, 13, 14
        • 4.6L V8 - 09, 10