Colgan Custom Manufacturing takes full responsibility for the materials and construction of this product. Colgan is not responsible and will not be held liable for damage resulting from the improper installation, misuse, or abuse of this product. If you have a question about installing this product, please call technical support between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. ( Central ) Monday through Friday. Call at (800) 447-2727.
This universal instruction sheet covers the common connection components and mounting methods used on our auto bras. The bra you purchased may not have all of the connection components described here, and some components may be implemented differently from others shown even when they perform an identical function. Where the instructions for the one-piece unit differ from the multi-piece application. the one-piece instructions appear in gray. Each step is listed in the order that most simplifies the installation process. Read the instructions completely before beginning the installation of your Colgan bra.
The connection components differ at some attachment points. Illustrations at each step show the possible connection components for that particular attachment point and text describes the sequence of actions that lead to successfully securing that connection component. Use the method that best corresponds to your bra's connection component and the configuration of your vehicle at each attachment point.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
The following hints will simplify the installation process:
• Make sure the box's ID label describes the make, model, and year of your vehicle.
• Read all instructions before attempting installation. If instructions are unclear or you have a qUestion, call technical support at (800) 447-2727.
• Consult your body shop if your vehicle has been repainted. Repainted areas must be fully cured before using an auto bra.
• Wax, glaze and sealant compounds must be fully cured before using an auto bra.
• Install the bra only when your vehicle is both clean and dry.
• Your bra may be used in all weather conditions. If the backing gets wet, remove the bra and allow it to dry before reinstallation.
• The vinyl is pliable and easier to stretch when thoroughly warm. It will be easier to install your new auto bra if you choose a warm day and/or leave the bra laid out in the sun for twenty minutes before you begin the installation process.