Free Shipping On Orders Over $75. Details

Talk to an F-150 Enthusiast
1-888-706-1096
M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P

Barricade HD Rear Bumper; Textured Black (09-14 F-150)

Item T542490
Call a F150 Enthusiast at 1-888-706-1096
M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
$0.00
Market Price $779.99 You Save 17% ($130.00)
Our Price

$649.99 (set)

+ $49.00 Handling Fee with FREE Shipping

Will this fit your Vehicle?

Select a different vehicle Help?
Update or Change Vehicle
Ship to: Ashburn - 20149
Sorry, please enter a valid US or CA postal code
We're sorry, zip can't be updated at this time.
We'll email you when your order ships with shop info and installation times.
In Stock

Ship to: Ashburn - 20149
Sorry, please enter a valid US or CA postal code
We're sorry, zip can't be updated at this time.
    Create a list
    Add to New List

Saved - View your saved items

We're sorry. We couldn't save this product at this time.

Video Review & Installation

It's Joe from AmericanTrucks. In this video, we're going over the Barricade HD Rear Bumper in textured black fitting all '09 to '14 F-150s. Now, this is going to be a great option for you if you're looking for an off-road capable heavy-duty rear bumper, that brings awesome blackout styling while at the same time, keeping a lot of features from the factory bumper and even adding a few of its own.So, as always here, first things first, let's talk a little bit about build quality. This guy is going to be made mostly out of 5/32-inch steel plating, which is going to be able to take the abuse way better than the factory rear bumper would. It's also got a nice and durable two-stage textured black powder coating, which is not just there to add to the looks. Albeit, if you were going for the blackout look, this is going to be a perfect fit. Even does a great job at matching some of the black factory plastics as well. But it's also going to provide you a nice layer protection over top of that steel from the elements.Now, this bumper was designed with off-roading in mind, and I think this might be a feature that would go overlooked, but you're really going to see it once we get this next to the factory stuff, and that is just how much extra this is going to taper up on the sides here, it even goes up sort of above the quarter panel here. Now, what that's designed to do is help you out with departure angle, at least right behind the tires, which no matter what you're doing, you're at the worksite, you're on the trail, you're off-roading, that is going to be a great help and definitely a good thing to have.So, let's dive into some of the other features that this rear bumper is bringing to the table. One that I really like, it's going to be these steps right here. You get one on either side. And what that's intended to do is give you a nice, easy, and comfortable way to climb into the bed of your truck. If you plan on doing any work back there, that is a really nice thing to have. You see that feature on the more modern Chevy Silverados and it's always nice to get that over here on the good old blue oval. Now, you also get some other options as well. You can see we have some D-ring mounts and also included in the kit, some 3/4-inch D-rings with some rubber isolators here. Good touch. Definitely great to have another recovery point at the rear of your truck.Now, with those two out of the way, the next thing I want to talk about, just how many features are going to transfer over from the factory rear bumper to this one. Now, it's not going to be all of them and we'll touch on that in just a second. But first, let's talk about what is going to transfer. Big one, probably the biggest one for you guys out there that [inaudible 00:02:20.387] as a tool, the 2-inch receiver. That is going to be how the bumper actually mounts up. So, that is going to transfer over no problem. Same thing goes for the trailer plug, which is right next to it all on the same bracket, going to transfer over and mount up no problem. Now, also, in order to remain legal, you can see our license plate lights, they're going to transfer over too, and of course, we have the spare tire lock to make sure nobody messes with your spare tire, which is a good thing. I like that all those features are there, definitely adds a little bit of the convenience of the factory rear bumper to a more aggressive on-road one.Now, the one feature that is not going to transfer over, and I bet this is going to be a big one for some you guys out there, rear proximity sensors. If your truck is optioned with those rear backup sensors, you can see there are no holes pre-drilled on this. So, unfortunately you will not be able to keep that functionality, but if you're working on a truck that's not optioned with that, really no love lost, this is still going to be a great option for you. If you do like the look of the HD rear bumper, and you're looking to tie your whole truck together, just keep in mind Barricade does also offer a matching front bumper, which keeps a lot of the same styling up at the front of your truck, and if you're looking to go the extra mile and complete the build, could be a nice touch.But next up, let's talk about pricing for the rear bumper specifically. This one is going to cost you right around 650 bucks, which puts it sort of in the middle ground. Not the most expensive bumper we have and not the most budget-friendly either. But what this does do a good job at is combining a lot of features. Yes, you can find more cost-effective rear bumpers that are going to give you D-rings, more cost-effective ones that transfer over a hitch, lights, spare lock, all of that stuff, give you the steps on the side. All those features you can find individually, but to get something at a price point that combines all of those and only going to come in at around 650 bucks, be a good return on investment.So, next up, let's get to the good stuff. Let's turn a wrench. Let me show you how to get this thing installed on your F-150. Not going to be too bad, no modifications, cutting, drilling required. None of that stuff. I'm still going to give it a two out of three wrenches on the difficulty meter, just because it is a little bit heavy, I'd recommend having a buddy on hand and a case of beer to keep him happy. As per the usual with these type of bumpers, should take you about two hours if you come with the right tools. So, without any further ado, let me show you what you'll need and how it's done. Tools I use for this install will include the ratchet, 21, 13, and 10-millimeter sockets as well as a 13-millimeter wrench.All right. So, underneath of our rear bumper, at the end of the frame rail here, you can find three 21-millimeter nuts. All those are going to have to be removed in order to get the bumper off. I'm going to leave one threaded on just finger tight, just to make sure it doesn't go anywhere and fall down and cut me in half. So, grabbing the ratchet and 21, going to break those loose. And that is good enough for me. And we're going to come over and do the same thing on the other side. And that's good enough for an underwear change for me. So, we'll leave it there. Now, right behind where we remove those nuts, you're going to want to reach up and disconnect the license plate lights. And I apologize, guys, it's just impossible to get a camera up in there, but you'll find a plug like this. You're going to press down on this release tab and just pull to release it. And then you can do the same thing for the other license plate light as well.So, now you have everything disconnected. There is one more thing I'm thinking, the trailer plug. Ours isn't connected to begin with, so we didn't have to remove that. But in any case, go ahead and get your knees under the bumper, take off those last two nuts and you can remove the whole thing.So, now, that we have our factory rear bumper removed, we can go ahead and bring in our new bumper and do a little bit of work. There's a couple of things we have to transfer over. Like I said, this is going to keep your hitch. So, that is going to have to go, it's held on with a couple of 10-millimeter bolts on the outside here. That's actually what we're going to start with. And then after we're done that, we'll transfer over the license plate light housings, which are right about there. And the spare tire lock, which is right here. You're going to need the keys for that. But in any case, we'll start with the hitch, get those 10 mils removed, and transfer it over.So, you can see the hardware that holds on the hitch on this side. There's one bolt right here, one right there. And we're missing one right there, all three 10 mils. We're going to get them out of the way. They're a little bit rusty, but hey, this is what you can expect working on an F-150 in this generation. So, here we go. There we go. There'd be one more right there as well, but ours is missing. We're going to go ahead and do the same thing over on the other side. Now that we have that moved over, we can go ahead and run in the factory hardware at the bottom. Again, those are the 10 mils we just uninstalled. And then up here at the top, the kit includes some new 13-millimeter hardware for you to use. And one thing I'm going to do is just get all the hardware in first. Because I suspect we're going to have to shift this around a little bit and then we'll tighten everything down. See already just how tight that one is. And we'll get the other side too. Now, we can run through and tighten everything down, 10 mils at the bottom, 13-millimeter bolt, 13-millimeter nut up at the top.Next thing we're going to transfer over, license plate lights. Now, these are going to be pretty simple. They just have these tabs on the side and they're a little bit of a fight, but if you just press them in, and pop in, and then they fall right out. There's one. Get this side as well. And there's the second one. We're just going to transfer these and drop them right into our new bumper. Last but not least, we have the spare lock and that's going to be right here. Use the key to unlock it. And again, just a hair rusty, that'll pull right out and we can transfer that over as well.So, now that we have our factory stuff completely removed and all of our accessories transferred over, figured now would be the perfect time to bring in both of our bumpers, put the two next to each other so we can really highlight the similarities and differences between both of these bumpers. First things first, the biggest change here, it's going to come in the looks department. We're losing that factory body color with all this faded, old plastic in exchange for some aggressive off-road styling. Now, we got a nice black powder coat on there, matte black finish, and underneath it, we've got some heavy-duty 5/32-inch steel plate, which in the event it ever does get an impact, whether it's at the worksite, on the trail, that's going to hold up a lot better than that factory plastic would. On top of that, it's also designed for that kind of stuff. You could see just how much that tapers up at the end of the bumper when in comparison to this one, basically just has the square on the end of it, which isn't great for departure angle. So, having something like that is going to help you all around over this factory rear bumper.Now, we do have a couple of brand new features on that Barricade as well that frankly, aren't existent on the factory stuff. We have the steps on either side and the D-ring mounts in the middle, which is a great extra recovery point. Now, there are a few things that transfer over directly from this factory stuff as well. Big one is going to be that receiver. So, you get to keep that. And on the receiver, we do have the trailer plug as well. So, you get to keep that as well. Of course, the plate lights you saw us transfer goes over and the spare tire lock. Now one thing we aren't able to transfer over and there are no holes pre-drilled for on the Barricade rear bumper, it's going to be those proximity sensors and you are, unfortunately, not able to transfer those over. So, you will effectively lose that function by going with that bumper over there.So, without any further ado, we're going to go ahead and get our factory 21-millimeter nuts ready. We're going to get that bumper hung up onto our frame rails, and then we can plug everything back in.So, now what we're going to do now that we have the bumper hung up, we're going to tighten down our three factory 21-millimeter nuts. I already have this one done. These two are still loose, and then we'll plug back in our plate light. And we're going to do the same thing over here on the other side. Also, if you have a trailer plug, you can hit that as well. And we got the finishing touch for last. Going to go ahead and install our D-ring to the D-ring mounts. And we can come over to the other side, gonna be the same exact thing.Well, guys, that is going to do it for my review and install of the Barricade HD Rear Bumper in textured black fitting all '09 to '14 F-150s. As always, thank you, guys, so much for watching and make sure you keep it right here at AmericanTrucks, for all things F-150.

Product Information

Features, Description, Reviews, Q&A, Specs & Installation

Features

• Rugged Styling and Protection
      • Full Width Rear Bumper
      • Heavy Duty 5/32 Inch Steel Plate Construction
      • Premium Two Stage Textured Black Powder Coated Finish
      • Compatible with Factory Back-Up Sensors
      • Direct Bolt-On Installation
      • Fits all 2009-2014 Ford F-150 Models

Description

Rugged Style and Protection. If your 2009-2014 Ford F-150 sees use both on and off-road, you should replace that wimpy factory rear bumper with one that can handle the extra abuse. This Barricade HD Rear Bumper is designed to provide excellent protection from all kinds of hazards, while adding rugged styling to your F-150. This Barricade Bumper is ideal for those who don't shy away from adventure where ever it may be found.

Heavy Duty Construction. Barricade manufactures their HD Rear Bumpers to precise specifications from 5/32 inch thick steel plate for superior strength and rigidity. Barricade then completes their Bumpers in a two stage finish using epoxy pre-coating and high-grade textured black powder coating for long lasting durability.

Easy, Bolt-on Installation. Barricade Rear Bumpers were engineered to be a direct bolt-on upgrade replacement for your original stock bumper reusing the factory mounting points. There is no cutting or modifications required for a simple straight forward install. With the help of a friend and a set of basic hand tools this Barricade HD Rear Bumper can be installed in about two hours.

Application. This Barricade HD Rear Bumper is designed to fit all 2009-2014 Ford F-150 models. This Rear Bumper is designed to work on models that are not equipped with rear mounted backup sensors.

Freight Notes. Freight items can only be shipped within the continental 48 states, no expedited methods. What is freight shipping? Your Answers are Right Here.

Barricade Off-Road

Shop All Truck Parts And Accessories

Shop All Truck Bumpers

Shop All Rear Truck Bumpers

Fitment: 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

Barricade T542490

CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Installation & What's in the Box

Installation Info

What's in the Box

• (1) Rear Bumper
      • Mounting Hardware

Customer Reviews (100+)

Reviews of Barricade Exterior products have an average rating of 4.5 out of 5

Questions & Answers

10 More Questions