FREE 2 or 3-Day Delivery on 10,000+ Items. Details

Talk to an F-150 Enthusiast
1-888-706-1096
M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
New Year, New Mods! WIN $4K Enter Daily >
$20 OFF – AmericanTrucks Show View Deal>

SpeedForm Baja Upper Replacement Grille with LED Lighting; Matte Black (04-08 F-150)

Item T546995
Call a F150 Enthusiast at 1-888-706-1096
M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
$0.00
Market Price $187.99 You Save 15% ($28.00)
Our Price

$159.99 (each)

FREE Shipping

Will this fit your Vehicle?

Select a different vehicle Help?
Update or Change Vehicle
In Stock

Ship to: Ashburn - 20149
Sorry, please enter a valid US or CA postal code
We're sorry, zip can't be updated at this time.
    Create a list
    Add to New List

Saved - View your saved items

We're sorry. We couldn't save this product at this time.

or use

Video Review & Installation

Justin: The SpeedForm Baja Style Upper Grille Replacement that we have here today would be a very affordable choice for the '04 to '08 F-150 owners who might be going for that modern Raptor vibe, but without any massive logos or lettering across the front, which I feel makes for a very clean look overall. Now, the grille is going to pack a very durable automotive grade ABS plastic build, along with that matte black finish and, of course, your signature LED lighting offer right around 150 bucks. So it's gonna call this a strong one out of three wrenches on the difficulty meter here in a couple of hours to get complete in wired up. But regardless, hang out with me for a bit, guys, and we'll walk you through that job later in the video.So swapping grilles on your F-150 is a relatively easy and in this case I would say a very inexpensive way to totally change up the look of the front end and really the entire vibe of the truck altogether. Now on that same topic, one of the nice things about the grille category, in particular, is the sheer number of options out there, ranging from mild to wild and really everything in between. Now, I would say the inspiration for this grille, in particular, is of course the OE Raptor grille. It's gonna mimic some of the key ingredients such as the basic shape, color, honeycomb design, and of course, your signature LED running lights running across the top. But I would say the biggest departure from the factory wrecker style grilles that you might see out there in the aftermarket is the lack of any lettering going across the middle, which again, I feel makes for a very clean look. And as an added bonus, kind of opens up some extra airflow to the front end and more specifically, your radiator.Materials are gonna be very similar to that of a factory grille as well because you are looking at, again, that durable ABS plastic here, which has been designed using OEM Ford CAD data, which is basically just going to allow this thing to fit perfectly without any huge gaps or imperfections. Now, last but not least, guys, the grille does include the three Amber LED running lights here with the wiring needed to get these up and running on your truck at home. Now the wiring is gonna tap into your factory parking lights or your headlights meaning basically every time you throw on your headlights or your parking lights, these lights will be switched on. Now, if you wanted to switch them to their own dedicated switch, that's something you can certainly do as well. But for the instructions that we provide with the kit here, just know that they're going to be tapped into your headlights of your truck. But now speaking of that installation, we do wanna shine a little bit more light on it, pun intended, give you a detailed walkthrough as promised along with a quick tool breakdown. Check it out.Man: The tools used for this install are a ratchet, 10-millimeter socket, 8-millimeter socket, a Phillips head screwdriver, and a clip removal tool. So for this install, we are going to have to remove our factory grille to replace it with our new one. There's a little bit of wiring involved but nothing you guys can't handle at home and I'm gonna walk you through every step of the process. So let's get started. I'm gonna start with my 10-millimeter socket on my ratchet. There are six nuts on the back of the grille along the top of the hood that I'll need to remove. I'll start with those first and then I'll move on to these brackets here on the sides. Next, once again, using my 10-millimeter socket on my ratchet, I'm gonna remove the two 10-millimeter bolts on the bottom side of the hood that are for these brackets on the grille. There's one on each side of the hood.With all of our hardware removed, we can pull our grille out. Now that you've got the grille removed from the vehicle, this is a really good time to clean up any dirt or debris that accumulated in between the hood and the grille. So I'll just take a little bit of detail spray on a microfiber cloth, give it a spray and wipe it down. Now that we have our old grille removed from the vehicle, there is a little bit of assembly required for our new grille. I've got it laid out here on the table and the kit provides you with all the hardware that you'll need to put this all together. There are some studs that need to be installed on the back as well as the brackets that mount the grille to the truck. So I'm gonna show you how this all goes on and then we're gonna get this thrown on.I'll start by putting the studs here in the slotted holes here in the back of the grille. There should be six. Just slide those into place. Just slide those studs into the slotted holes on the back of the grille. Next, I'm going to install the provided back brackets. They just lock right into place on the back here and then they give you some Phillips head screws to install to hold those on. And I'll just use my Phillips head screwdriver and put those in. You can just do the same exact thing on the other side of the grille.So now I'm ready to install my new grille onto the vehicle. I took a bungee cord here and just hooked it to the hood latch and to the lower latch on the truck just to hold my hood down a little bit lower. You don't have to do this. This is just gonna make my life a little easier when I'm trying to line up all six of these studs into the bolt holes. So now I can just line everything up and slide it into place. Once you have all six of the studs lined up in the holes and through into the hood, you can start installing the provided hardware. Now I can install my provided washer and nut onto the back of each stud. Now I can take my 8-millimeter socket on my ratchet and tighten down all six of those nuts. Next, I can reinstall the two factory 10-millimeter bolts on the underside of the hood that secure the brackets to the hood. Once I have those started, I can tighten them down with my 10-millimeter socket. Just do the same thing on the other side.Now, because this grille is attached to the hood and the grille is going to open and close with the hood, we have to run the wire down along the side of the hood into the inside of the fender well and then up to the headlight. So what I'm gonna do is use my trim tool to pop the clips out for the hood and then I'll tuck my wire down behind this soundproofing material and then reinstall my clips. Now I can tuck my wire in behind this material and it'll come down to the bottom of the hood where I can then route it along the inside of the engine bay and run it up to my headlight. Once you have your wires routed down to the back of your headlight, you can start the wiring portion of this install.So what I'm gonna do is reach into the back of the headlight and disconnect the turn signal and marker light connector. And you'll see there are three wires on the back of this connection. I have a green and white. I have a brown and I have a black. The brown and black wires are going to be what I tap into. So this is gonna be my power from my brown wire and my ground on my black wire. The kit provides you with these scotch lock connections that allow you to tap into these wires. Now, because I like to be able to remove any lighting that I install on any vehicle that I work on, I'm going to be using a similar style of connection. However, this is called a T tap and all I need to do is put a spade connector on the end of my wires. And then if I ever wanna unplug this in the future, all I have to do is unplug the spade from this T tap and I can remove the lighting.So, I will just line up my wire on my T tap connection and pinch it closed and this will pierce into the copper so that I get my power and ground signals but it will not cut through and then I can just plug in with a spade. I've got my power and my ground sufficiently tapped into my wiring. So now, I can plug my headlight back in and pretty much wrap this install up. And that's going to wrap up this review and install of the SpeedForm Upper Replacement Grille with LED Lighting in Matte Black fitting your 2004 to 2008 F-150. Thanks for watching. And for all things F-150, keep it right here at americantrucks.com.

Product Information

Features, Description, Reviews, Q&A, Specs & Installation

Features

• Baja Styling
      • Honeycomb Pattern Design
      • Three Amber Running Lights
      • Increases Air Flow to Radiator
      • Upper Replacement Grille
      • Injection Molded ABS Material
      • Matte Black Finish
      • OEM Fit and Finish
      • Straight Forward Installation - No Cutting Required
      • Fits 2004-2008 Ford F-150 Models

Description

Forceful Baja Styling. A SpeedForm Upper Replacement Grille will add forceful Baja styling to the front end of your 2004-2008 F-150. Featuring a unique honeycomb style pattern, this Baja inspired Grille includes three integrated LED accent lights across the top for a rugged appearance. Designed to be installed in place of your factory grille, this SpeedForm Grille will transform the appearance of your F-150 from a mild mannered daily driver into a mean Baja machine.

LED Accent Lighting. This Baja Style Grille also includes three high mount amber LED accent lights. These LED accent lights come with a wiring harness that simply splices into your F-150's existing factory headlight harness. The LEDs will then automatically activate in conjunction with your running lights. The eye-catching LEDs not only look great, but will also make your F-150 more visible to other drivers at night and in poor weather conditions.

Improves Engine Cooling. This SpeedForm Grille not only adds great styling to the front end of your F-150, but it will also increase air flow across the radiator - when compared to the stock grille. This additional air helps to improve engine cooling, which in turn improves performance.

High Quality ABS Construction. SpeedForm manufactures their Upper Replacement Grille from an injection molded acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) material using the original OEM CAD data from Ford to ensure a perfect fit. ABS is an extremely strong material known for its light-weight, superior durability and impact resistance - making it perfect to withstand the hazards of daily driving. Completed in a matte black finish, this Grille can be painted if desired.

Simple Straight Forward Installation. Designed to be a direct fit replacement for the original factory grille, this SpeedForm Grille installs reusing the stock mounting points and included hardware. There is no cutting or modifications required for a clean straight forward installation. Installation can be completed in about 2 hours with just basic hand tools.

Application. This SpeedForm Baja Upper Replacement Grille with LED Lighting is designed to fit 2004-2008 Ford F-150 models, excluding Raptor. This is a replacement grille not an overlay.

Fitment:

SpeedForm T546995

CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Installation & What's in the Box

Installation Info

What's in the Box

• Grille with LED Lights
      • Wiring Harness
      • Scotchlok Connectors
      • Metal Clips

Customer Reviews (112)

Questions & Answers

10 More Questions