1. Remove all exhaust components from the shipping carton, including the 2 supplied 3” clamps.
2. Locate the CORSA Performance muffler and align the inlet to the stock resonator outlet along with the front muffler hangers to their corresponding grommets. Insert the muffler inlet into the resonator outlet along with the rear hangers. (5.0L - Fig K) (2.7L & 3.5L Fig L)
Note: The use of a soap and water solution may aid in the installation of the hanger grommets.
3. Rotate the stock resonator so that the drain hole, located on rear endcap, is towards the ground. Once the drain hole is in proper position, snug the factory clamp connection using a 15mm socket and ratchet. (Fig M)
4. Locate a 3” Torca clamp and install it over the expanded end of the tailpipe. (Fig N) Slide the tailpipe over the rear axle and position the tailpipe hangers in-line with their corresponding hanger grommet assemblies. Once the tailpipe is positioned slide the tailpipe assembly forward to install the hangers. (Fig O & P)
Note: Removing the rear tailpipe grommet assembly from the vehicle and installing it on the rear tailpipe hanger beforehand may simplify the installation, but is not required if the tailpipe is positioned correctly.
5. Insert the muffler outlet pipe into tailpipe inlet, properly position the clamp and snug it using a 15mm deep socket and ratchet. (Fig Q & R)
6. Locate the tip assembly and 3” Torca clamp. Properly align the clamp onto tip inlet and install tip onto tailpipe outlet. (Fig S & T) Snug the clamp using a 15mm deep socket and ratchet. (Fig U)
7. Check the alignment of tip assembly to the rear quarter panel. Ideally, tip edge should be flush with fender and rotation of tips should be parallel with bottom edge of fender. Adjust tip rotation and overlap as necessary. (Fig V)
8. Visually inspect the exhaust system position, tip alignment, clamp orientation and position, and exhaust pipe clearance. Make any necessary adjustments at the slip joints.
9. Fully tighten the 13mm bolts at the flange connection and torque to factory specs. Next, tighten the factory clamp at the resonator/muffler connection to 45 ft-lbs.
10. Starting at the front of the vehicle, tighten the nuts on the two supplied clamps. Torque the clamps to 45 ft-lbs.
11. It is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that all clamps be checked and re-tightened (if necessary) to the recommended torque after initial road testing of the vehicle, as thermal cycling has occurred on the system. Please wait until the system has fully cooled to perform this step.
NOTE: During cold weather start-ups, you may experience an exhaust sound that is deeper and louder in tone than usual. This is temporary and will diminish to normal levels once your engine has reached its normal operating temperature.
NOTE: Immediately following the installation of your exhaust system, you may experience a trace of smoke after initial start-up. DO NOT be alarmed. The smoke is caused by the burning of a small amount of forming oil residue used in the manufacturing process.