Talk to a F-150 Sales Tech
1-888-706-1096
M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
$20K Sweeps! 10 Chances to Win! Enter Daily >

Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper with LED Fog Lights (04-08 F-150)

Item T543846
Verify parts fit and get product recommendations.
F-150 Sales Techs: Connect Now M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
$0.00
On Sale

$873.99 (each)

FREE Shipping + $99.00 Oversized Item Fee Market Price $1,075.99 You Save 19% ($202.00) Up to 10% off for Military & First Responders! See Details

Will this fit your Vehicle?

Select a different vehicle Help?
Update or Change Vehicle
Ship to: Ashburn - 20149
Sorry, please enter a valid US or CA postal code
We're sorry, zip can't be updated at this time.
Recommended Install Shops
How It Works
Install Shops are available near Ashburn - 20149

Add Local Shop Installation

Total cost of service $399.00
    Create a list
    Add to New List

Saved - View your saved items

We're sorry. We couldn't save this product at this time.

Product Videos

Hey, guys. Adam here with americantrucks.com. And today, we're taking a quick look at and installing the Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper with LED Fog Lights available for the '04 to '08 F-150. You should be checking this out if you're looking to ditch the factory bumper in favor of one that's more of an entry-level off-road option to get you through a lot of the on and off-road obstacles with the addition of some auxiliary lighting. Now, this particular bumper here from Barricade is a nice angular finish, giving you a nice aggressive look at the front end of your F-150. But more importantly, it's a lot more durable than your factory one. It's made of 532nd-inch steel plating all around. It's a one-piece bumper, so you don't have to piece things together. And it's got a couple of modular cutouts here for additional auxiliary lighting. That 532nd steel plating also has a black powder-coated finish with an epoxy pre-coating, which is going to add a nice layer of corrosion and rust resistance to the steel.Now, this also has modularity to it, like I said, so you can add auxiliary lighting either in the future or pick it up as a kit like we have here. Now, this is more of that second-tier option, the Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper is available with just the bumper itself, no lighting. So, it leaves room for you to get creative in the future if you're not looking to spend all the money upfront. Now, if you want to add a little bit of lighting, that's what this option's here for. You get the durability of the bumper, but you also get two individual LED cube lights that individually have an IP67 waterproof rating, which means that they can get submerged in water for up to about 30 minutes. So, if you're doing some extreme off-roading and you're going through some deep, deep puddles, you know, at least this is definitely going to survive that. Now, each of those lights are 3-inch cube lights that fit perfectly in these cutouts here. You do have a honeycomb backing that is removable. So if you didn't want to use these guys and you have something that maybe is a little bit bigger, you can remove the backing to make them fit in there. You can fit about two of these in each one of the cutouts on each side. And this particular tier of the bumper only comes with the two, but if you're looking to upgrade them further and get more lights, there's an option that comes with four of these and a light bar, which you can fit in the mounting brackets in the center cutout there as well.So, there's a lot of room for opportunities here when it comes to lighting. This particular bumper is going to come in right around 750 bucks, which includes not only these two cube lights, but it also comes with one wiring harness that runs to an individual switch that you can then run to the interior cabin of your truck. Now, I know that there's a ton of different ways to do wiring. You could, of course, just wire them right into your factory fog light harness if you'd rather do it that way, that is obviously completely up to you. I'm going to show you a pretty simple method on how to do this. And then you can decide where you want to run your switch. Now, the install for this, I'm going to give one out of three wrenches on our difficulty meter. Anybody can tackle this in the driveway at home with about two hours from start to finish. The harness is plug and play. You're just going to connect it right into your battery at least using the method I'll be showing you, but there are a number of ways to do it like I said. Now, I will recommend having a helping hand on deck just because the bumper is pretty heavy. You want to have someone supporting it up in place while you work the ratchet and socket to get everything bolted down. I'm going to show you every step. What do you say we get started?Tools used in this install include an impact gun, 1/4-inch and 3/8 ratchets, extension, 10, 13, 16, and 21-millimeter deep sockets, 13 and 16-millimeter wrenches. All right. First step, getting our factory bumper off, you gotta pop your hood, of course, and you're gonna remove these three, 8-millimeter bolts. There's one, two, three, holding the plastic trim onto that bumper. I'm gonna use my extension and my 8-millimeter socket to get them off. All right. Next up, we have to take off our hood latch. Now, the hood latch is just one, 10-millimeter bolt. So, we're going to put that there with our extension and get this off. All right. So, that's disconnected. We're just gonna set that aside right there. I'm actually going to take that factory 10-millimeter and I'm just going to thread it back on so we don't lose it. All right. Next up, we have to do both of the grille bump stop brackets. That's this rubber piece here that falls all the way down to another 10-millimeter. Grab your extension and socket and get that off and do the same thing on the other side. And again, I'm just going to thread that bolt back on. All right. Now, we're doing the same thing on the other side.All right. For this next step, you could just crawl under the truck, but it might be easier for you to just reach your hand down here. I'm going to lift up this air flap here, and I'm just going to reach my hand in and pinch and disconnect our fog light. Basically, just lifting it up on the tabs and pushing it down. There we go. Do the same thing on both sides. There are four nuts holding on the factory bumper, both of which you can reach from right under the hood here. So, there's one right here, one on this side of the frame as well, and then, of course, on the other side of the vehicle. Grab a 21-millimeter socket and your ratchet and I'm going to basically work these guys off from up top. You can, of course, crawl underneath the truck if it makes your life easier. Once you break them loose, you should be able to work them off by hand. The next one is directly on the opposite side of this frame rail here. You're just going to go right across and do the same thing. There you go. And now, we can do the same thing on the other side. All right. So, now, we're doing the same thing on the other side, looking at these 21-millimeter nuts. You want to make sure you're supporting the bottom of the front bumper there just to make sure you're catching it if it falls off.All right. Now, we have one more on the other side of the frame here. All right. So, I'm just getting this last bolt off. With that guy out of the way, the bumper is free. So, you want to carefully pull it away from the truck and set it aside. All right. So, we've got our factory bumper off of our '07 F-150 and it's on the ground next to our Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper with the LED Fog Lights. Now, I want to take you through some similarities and differences here, and I first want to start with materials. Your factory bumper is going to be a lot more susceptible to damage both on and off-road. It can dent pretty easily. It's not really a durable off-road-ready front bumper, and it doesn't have the best ground clearance either. Now, the Barricade bumper here is going to be a much stronger construction. It's a one-piece 532nd steel plating that also uses an angular finish and comes up a little bit higher off the ground. Now that higher ground clearance is going to give you a better approach angle off-road so you can attack obstacles head-on with a little bit more of a clearance there at the front end. Now, it's not a huge difference, but the fact that your factory one had that little chin spoiler at the bottom there, the air duct, it doesn't have that on the new bumper, so you just get a little bit more of that ground clearance.Now, as far as the finish here, it's also going to be corrosion and rust-resistant. It's got a two-stage black powder-coated finish with an epoxy pre-coating that's a really high grade textured black finish. Now that's going to be adding a corrosion and rust-resistant layer like I said, over top of that steel, which is going to be great year-round. Now, it's also going to be a little bit more scratch-resistant. So, it hides scratches a little bit better I should say than your factory one, which you can see is looking a little worse for wear after a couple of years here. Now, this is pushing over a decade old. So, we expect that to take a beating after a while and the Barricade bumper is just going to last a little bit longer. This is also a modular bumper. So that means you can basically add on exterior components to it in the aftermarket like auxiliary lighting, for example. This one is a little bit of a step up from the entry-level version because it does include two, 3-inch high-powered LED cube lights. Each one of those cube lights there will fit directly into this cutout here, sit in front of that honeycomb backing. And it's got three slots there, so you can position the lighting on each side exactly where you want and angle it the way that you want. So, that's all included in the package as well. Each one of those uses four individual high-powered LEDs that are a bright 6k color temperature for a pure white light, and that's going to be really, really instrumental in getting you on and off-road safely, especially at night or on the job site.Now, that's got a plug and play harness there. There's also additional wiring harnesses in the kit to make sure that you can run a separate auxiliary switch, or, of course, you can splice it into your personal preference if you want to wire it right into the factory harness, or if you want to wire it into a separate auxiliary switch you may have on your dashboard. That can be up to you, but it does come with an auxiliary switch on the side. Finally, you do have another upgrade past this if you're not interested in the entry-level or this fog light version, there's a fully equipped one that'll come with four individual cube lights just like that. And a light bar to fit in the center there. So, you can pick this guy up and just get the two cube lights and pick up a light bar separate. Again, a modular construction like this allows you to do whatever you think is best for your truck. Finally, guys, I want to get this installed. So, what do you say we start with our brackets and then throw it on the truck? All right. First step here, we're going to take our bracket and we have our driver's side bracket. I'm going to slide that guy into position. And what you want to do is take one of the hex bolts along with a flat washer, put that through the front. You also want to take a flat washer and a lock washer, a split washer, and put it through the back. And once you have those on, take one of the nuts and thread it on to the back. Doing everything by hand at first.With that guy in place, do the same thing on this other side. All right. Now, when you tighten this guy down, you want to try to get it centered on both sides so it's nice and even. Grab a 16-millimeter wrench and a 16 socket and tighten them down. All right. Next up, we're going to install our grille relocation brackets. Now, this is going to go right on the front, the top two holes, put the bracket on the front of it. You can go underneath with a smaller hex bolt, follow it up with the same process as before using a flat and split washer, and then a nut on the backside. All right. So, that one will hold it up and then we have to do another one right next to it. All right. Grab a 13 socket and wrench and tighten them down. And I'm going to use an extension for the 13 socket as well. All right. Now, we can repeat this on the other side. All right. At this point, you can basically get your bumper in position, have a helping hand on deck just because it is pretty heavy. And crawl underneath and work the bolts. All right. So, now, we can line up our bumper and tighten down these bolts.All right. Now, at this point, depending on which model you have, you may have to install a hood latch relocation bracket. Because ours is still using this factory plastic piece, we can pop our bracket right back on, following up with that factory 10-millimeter bolt, and I'm going to tighten that guy down. Also, a similar case applies to our bump stops. Now, we did install these bumps stop relocation brackets on the sides, we attach those to the brackets holding our bumper on, depending on what model you have, you may have the shorter bump stops in which case, install the shorter bump stops to this slot here. If you have a model with the longer bump stops like the ones that we took off, that's not gonna work with this bracket. You can omit those altogether and it'll just connect to the hood latch here. All right. Now, when it comes to installing the fog lights, there are three individual slots at the top of this interior cutout. Now, you can position your fog light wherever you want. I'm going to position my fog light to the inside here. That way, we can leave room for another light. Now, what you want to do first is grab this wiring harness and you want to feed it through the square cutout at the top of the honeycomb. You can remove the honeycomb backing if you'd like, but there is a specific cutout for the wiring harness so you can feed that through. At this point, you want to make sure your finger's on the inside here holding that bolt head up, and you want to take this nut off. And set that guy down just there.At that point, you want to feed this bolt up through whichever slot you want to position it in, just like that. All right. So, now, we have this bolt put in through that slot. I'm going to go up underneath and I'm just going to tighten down that 13-millimeter nut by hand, and then we'll come back with our socket. The nice thing about this is once you have that tightened down by hand, you can actually position the fog light where you want it and then come back and tighten it down. All right. So, I like that position, so now we can tighten that guy down. All right. So, at this point, we can do the same thing on the other side. All right. So, next, we want to talk about wiring harnesses, and I'm going to show you one method. And there's a number of different ways to skin a cat when it comes to wiring. So, you can run this however you like, whatever you see fit. But it does come with a wiring harness here for every fog light or every set of lights that you may get with this kit. And it includes a switch. So, you can run this to the dashboard on your driver's side, you have to feed it through the firewall, of course, to get it into the cabin. But I'm just going to show you guys a loose way of wiring this up to your battery.Now, do not use this method if you're not driving your truck every day. It's going to be constantly pulling power from the battery to illuminate the lights on this switch. And if you're driving your truck every day, your battery won't die. It's going to keep regenerating itself every time you drive it, so it shouldn't be a problem at all. But if you're not driving your truck every day, it will eventually run your battery dry and kill the battery because it's constantly pulling power for this light switch. Now, the alternative method to avoid that is to run your power and ground here to a 12-volt ignition switch that only draws power when the key is in the ignition and the ignition is turned on. So, that's the alternative. I'm gonna run it through our battery just for demonstration purposes. But if you're driving your truck every day, it shouldn't be a problem there either. So, what we're going to do at first is just lay our wiring harness up here with our switch, the fuse, and, of course, the power and ground wires. I'm going to wire the power and ground to our battery. We're basically going to loosen up this bolt here on the negative terminal. And I'm going to put this ring right around that and put the nut back on and then do the same thing for the power here on the positive terminal. So, that's what we're going to do next, grab a socket and a ratchet, and we're going to loosen those up and install those. I've got my 10-millimeter socket and ratchet, I'm just going to loosen up this negative terminal.Grab the black wire and you're gonna pop that guy onto that stud and then thread that nut back on. And do the same thing with the red wire to the positive terminal. All right. Now, if you have any other accessories that you're running to this, any other wiring harnesses, it's this exact same method. So, just rinse and repeat for each one that you may have. All right. So, basically, what I did was I fed down the connectors through the engine bay down underneath of the truck here. You're basically gonna take the light we just installed, and you're gonna plug in the plug and play connector and then take the other one and feed it all the way over to the driver's side. And then you can tuck up or zip tie up any excess wire. All right. So, I fed the other side of the wiring harness to our driver's side. And again, it's just plug and play. Once you have that connected, you can tuck up any excess wiring or zip tie that however you feel, depending on how much you have left. And then, of course, if you have additional wiring, you can always repeat the same exact process for the rest of the additional ones.That's gonna wrap up my review and install for the Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper available with the LED Fog Lights for the '04 to '08 F-150. You can get yours right here at americantrucks.com.

Product Information

Features, Description, Reviews, Q&A, Specs & Installation

Features & Specs

• Rugged Off-Road Styling
      • Full Width Front Bumper
      • Two 3-inch LED Cube Fog Lights Included
      • Cold Formed Construction
      • Heavy Duty 5/32 Inch Steel Plate
      • Textured Black Powder Coated Finish
      • Direct Bolt-On Installation
      • Fits 2004-2008 Ford F-150 Models

Description

Rugged Styling. With aggressive styling that surpasses the look of the boring stock bumper, this Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper will give your 2004-2008 F-150 a rugged off-road appearance. Designed to easily replace your factory bumper, this heavy duty Front Bumper is ideal for both street and trail applications.

LED Fog Lights. This Front Bumper includes (2) 3-inch square LED Fog Lights. These fog lights are equipped with 5 Watt CREE LEDs that are designed to provide intense 6000 K light. Each light is rated IP67 providing reliable waterproof performance, thanks to a tough aluminum housing, sealed with a polycarbonate lens.

High Quality Construction. Manufactured from heavy duty 5/32 inch steel plating for strength, this Barricade Front Bumper is cold formed into shape. After trimming and final finishing Barricade then completes their Bumper in a two stage finish using epoxy pre-coating and high-grade textured black powder coating for durability and long lasting corrosion resistance.

Direct Bolt-On Installation. Barricade engineered their Extreme HD Front Bumper to be a direct bolt-on replacement for the original stock bumper reusing the factory hardware and mounting points. There is no cutting or modifications required for a clean straight forward installation. Installation can be completed in about two hours with just basic hand tools and the help of a friend.

Application. This Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper with LED Fog Lights is designed to fit 2004-2008 Ford F-150 models.

Fitment:

Barricade T543846

CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Installation & What's in the Box

Installation Info

What's in the Box

• (1) Front Bumper
      • (2) LED Cube Lights
      • Mounting Hardware

Customer Reviews (500+)

Questions & Answers

10 More Questions