The Paint Protection Film is a precut template of film used to protect the mud guard mounting surfaces of your fenders against wear. The templates (left and right side) can be removed from the backing liner by folding the liner at the center cut of the template, separating the film sides and peeling the film templates from the backing liner.
NOTE: Install the paint protection film supplied in your installation kit before installing the mud guards.
1. If you have the “large rock” shown in Figure 2, remove the large rock guard before you install the paint protection film as shown in Figure 5. If you have the small rock guard shown in Figure 1, leave the small rock guard in place and proceed with the paint protection film installation as shown in Figure 4.
2. Position mud guard on fender to indicate placement location of paint protection film.
3. Clean the placement area of fender with a clean cotton cloth and a petroleum distillate based cleaner such as DuPont Prep-Sol Brand Solvent Cleaner or 3M Brand Adhesive Cleaner and dry.
4. Mix a wetting solution of 1 pint of water with 4 drops of liquid dishwashing detergent.
5. Mark correct position of film by placing mud guard against fender.
6. Remove protection film from liner and flood adhesive side of film with wetting solution (use a spray bottle or sponge).
7. Thoroughly wet film placement location of fender with wetting solution.
8. Position the adhesive side of film on fender and flood with wetting solution.
9. Check location of film with mud guard and reposition as necessary.
10. Using a sponge, squeegee any air bubbles and wrinkles from film.
11. Allow film to dry before installing mud guard.