Free Shipping On Orders Over $75. Details
1. Spring Preload Spacers x2
2. Upper Strut Spacers x2
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALLATION. IF YOU DO NOT CLEARLY UNDERSTAND ANY PART OF INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL YOURSELF. HAVE A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL PERFORM INSTALLATION.
RBP ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY IMPROPER USE AND/OR INSTALLATION OF ITS PRODUCTS.
Always use the correct tools and wear safety goggles. We strongly recommend installation by a licensed mechanic on a properly secured locking lift.
VEHICLE RIDE WARNING
Trucks with lift or level kits installed will have higher centers of gravity than stock. Aggressive driving and sudden direction changes can cause an unexpected rollover.
The best way to ensure proper tire fitment is to install the kit before purchasing your wheel and tires. Always test fit tires and wheel before purchasing.
Truck are often not level side to side from the factory. Always measure before installation.
Always re-torque all hardware to the manufacturer’s original specifications.
In order to get the best tire wear, use the supplied alignment specifications. OEM specifications are for trucks with stock wheels and tires. Larger tires will wear differently.
All instructions are written for vehicle on a two-post lift with tires removed.
Always use caution when handling ABS or wheel sensor wiring. Avoid tension of any kind of wiring harness as this may caused damage or failure.
1. Special Tools required: strut compressor or similar.
2. Jack up truck and place on jack stands.
3. Remove wheels 22mm.
4. Install kit one side at a time for safety.
5. Remove the tie rod end nut 21mm.
6. Remove upper ball joint nut 21mm.
7. Separate upper ball joint with light tap from a heavy hammer.
8. Remove sway bar link at lower control arm. 18mm.
9. Remove top strut mount nuts 15mm.
10. Remove lower strut mount bolt 21mm/24mm.
11. Once strut is removed from truck, mark the location of the coil spring. It is important to place back into the same location.
12. Compress the coil spring and remove upper strut mount nut in center. DANGER Springs are under a LOT of pressure. If you are inexperienced with strut work, have a licensed technician perform strut disassembly.
13. Install the RBP preload spacer between the spring and the strut mount. Reinstall the strut mount and release spring pressure.
NOTE: make sure the position of the spring is the same as before. Check rotational alignment between upper and lower strut mount before attempting reinstallation.
14. Install top plate on top of strut mount before reinstalling the strut into the truck. This spacer can be removed to lower the front height 1/2 “ if desired.
15. Install upper strut mount nuts and tighten.
16. Install lower strut mount bolt and tighten.
17. Reattach upper control arm ball joint.
18. Reattach sway bar link.
19. Reinstall tie rod end.
20. Repeat on other side.
21. Reinstall wheels and test drive.
22. Have alignment performed. Toe setting will change with ride height change.
We recommend that a technician with experience doing alignments on lifted trucks perform the alignment. Large tires wear differently than OEM sized tires. Always do an alignment after changing tires on a vehicle.