1) Before installing anything, prep the clamps supplied in the hardware kit by removing the nuts, and applying a thick lubricant such as white grease or anti-seize to the threads.
2) Connect adapter pipe #TB467S to the factory inlet pipe; line up the notch in the adapter with the tab on factory pipe. Then slide a 3” clamp onto the inlet pipe slip fit. Slide muffler #8530572-Z onto adapter pipe, and use a stand to temporarily support the muffler.
3) Place the right side tailpipe #16629S into position over the rear axle and into the right side muffler outlet. Connect the hangers at the front and rear of the pipe to the rubber mounts on the vehicle. Install a provided 2-1/2” clamp onto the muffler outlet and tighten enough to hold but still allow for adjustment.
4) At the rear of the frame on the drivers side of the vehicle (next to the spare tire) there is a pair of hanger mounts welded to the bottom of the frame. Place the supplied HA168 rubber hanger onto the inner hanger of this pair.
5) Place the front section of the left side tailpipe #16392S into the left side muffler outlet and connect the hanger on the front of the pipe to the rubber mount on the vehicle. The rear hanger on this pipe will not be used. Place a provided 2-1/2” clamp onto the muffler outlet and tighten enough to hold but still allow for adjustment.
6) Connect the rear section of the left side tailpipe #16393S onto the back of the front section by sliding the two sections together at the slip-fit connection over the rear axle. Place the hanger at the rear of the tailpipe into the rubber mount installed in step 4 above. Install a provided 2-1/2” clamp onto the over-axle slip-fit connection. Tighten enough to hold but still allow for adjustment.
7) Connect exit pipes #16317 or #16662 onto the ends of both over axle pipes. Place a 2-1/2” clamp onto the slip-fit connections and tighten enough to hold in place. Place the two stainless tips onto the exit pipes and tighten the pinch bolts enough to hold in place. Rotate the exit pipe and tip to the desired position.
8) For a more secure installation, we recommend welding all slip-fit connections.