By AutoAnything - September 27, 2022
Like most people, you probably don’t think about your cabin air filter very often. But believe it or not, your cabin air filter plays a crucial role in keeping you comfortable while driving. So, what exactly does a cabin air filter do? Simply put, it filters the air that comes into your car. Unfortunately, this includes pollution, dust, and other airborne particles that can harm your health. Over time, these filters can become clogged with dirt and debris, so it’s essential to change them regularly. But how often should you change your cabin air filter? And what are the signs that it’s time for a replacement? To help you out, we’ve put together a quick guide on cabin air filter replacement. Read on to learn everything you need to know about changing your cabin air filter.
When to Change Your Cabin Air Filter
A few factors will determine how often you need to change your cabin air filter. For starters, the type of vehicle you drive will play a role. If you have a newer car, chances are you won’t need to change your filter as often as someone with an older model. In general, most experts recommend changing your cabin air filter every 12 months or 12,000 miles – whichever comes first. However, if you live in an area with a lot of pollution or dust, you may need to change your filter more frequently. Your filter type will also affect how often you need to replace it. For example, some filters are designed to last longer than others. If you’re not sure how often to change your particular filter, consult your owner’s manual or ask a professional.
Signs It’s Time to Change Your Cabin Air Filter
Most carmakers recommend changing your cabin air filter every 12,000 to 15,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first. However, this varies depending on your vehicle type and how often you use your AC. For example, if you live in a dusty area or do a lot of driving in stop-and-go traffic, you may need to change your filter more often. There are a few telltale signs that it’s time to replace your cabin air filter. If you notice any of the following, it’s time for a new filter:
- Reduced airflow from your vents
- Strange smells coming from your AC system
- Frequent sneezing or coughing when in the car
How to Change Your Cabin Air Filter
If you’re comfortable changing your oil or checking your tire pressure, chances are you can also handle changing your cabin air filter. In most cases, it’s relatively simple. The exact process will vary depending on your vehicle, but you’ll need to remove the old filter and insert the new one in most cases. Again, consult your owner’s manual for specific instructions. To start, you’ll need to locate your filter. In most cars, it’s located behind the glove box or under the hood. Consult your owner’s manual if you’re unsure where to find it. Once you’ve located your filter, remove it, and look at it. If it’s covered in dirt or debris, it’s time for a replacement. To install the new filter, simply reverse the process. Place the new filter in the same spot as the old one and make sure it’s secure. Then, close any access panels, and you’re good to go! If you’re unsure how to change your cabin air filter or don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can always take it to a nearby auto shop and have them do it for you. It’s a quick and easy job that most mechanics will be happy to do.
The Best Cabin Air Filters
When it comes to choosing a replacement automotive cabin air filter, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, ensure you select a filter that’s the right size for your vehicle. Second, consider the type of filter you want.
- Activated carbon filters: These filters are great at trapping pollutants and odors, making them a good choice if you have allergies or sensitivities.
- Purolator One Cabin Air Filters: Get up to 99% Dirt Removal Power with a PurolatorONE Advanced Cabin Air Filter. Blocks odors with activated carbon. Electrostatically charged, micro-woven fiber layers remove microscopic particles like dirt, dust, soot, pollen, and other inert allergens. Improves HVAC and defroster performance and meets or exceeds OE performance requirements.
- Denso Cabin Air Filter: Upgrade your interior air quality with Denso Cabin Air Filters. These easy-to-install replacements are made with premium-quality fleece medium material that traps soot, dirt, and pollen down to 0.001 microns. Available in several filter types – charcoal, electrostatic and particulate.
- Other filters: These filters trap airborne particles and can remove most allergens.
- AC Delco Cabin Filters: Help clear the air in your ride – literally – with a top-quality AC Delco Replacement Cabin Filter. Thanks to advanced filter media technology, these replacement cabin air filters ensure you and your passengers enjoy allergen-free air. Available for most vehicles with cabin air filtration systems.
- K&N Cabin Air Filters: Between long commutes, running errands, and road trips, chances are you spend a good portion of your life inside your ride. Therefore, it’s crucial to ensure the air inside is free of airborne pollutants like pollen, spores, and more. Achieve an odor-free interior by installing a K&N Cabin Air Filter.
- WIX Cabin Air Filter: A high-quality cabin filter is a must-have for those who value clean, fresh, and odorless air – and there’s no substitute for a technologically advanced Cabin Air Filter from Wix. With the Wix brand name comes certain guarantees – a 45% greater success rate at catching dirt and a 30% increase in service life than competing brands.
Now that you know how to change your cabin air filter, it’s time to find a replacement. And there’s no better place to shop for cabin air filters than AutoAnything. We have many filters to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your car. Cabin air filters are an essential part of your vehicle’s AC system. If you notice any decreased performance from your AC, strange smells, or increased sneezing and coughing, it’s probably time to change your filter. Changing your cabin air filter is usually a quick and easy job that can be done in just a few minutes. For the best results, choose a filter that’s the right size for your vehicle and fits your specific needs. Here at Autoanything.com, we’re an excellent resource for finding replacement filters. In addition, we offer free shipping on orders over $75 and a 1-year lower price guarantee. So, what are you waiting for? Shop for cabin air filters today!
Regularly changing your cabin air filter is essential for maintaining clean and healthy air inside your vehicle. Follow the recommended guidelines for your vehicle type and usage to ensure you and your passengers breathe fresh, allergen-free air. Choose a high-quality cabin air filter that suits your needs and vehicle specifications, and don't forget to replace it on schedule. AutoAnything offers a wide range of cabin air filters to help you keep your car's interior air clean and odor-free.