Talk to a F-150 Sales Tech
1-888-706-1096
M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
$20K Sweeps! 10 Chances to Win! Enter Daily >

C&L Dual Exhaust System with Polished Tips; Side Exit (15-20 5.0L F-150)

Item T543609-50
AmericanTrucks no longer carries the C&L Dual Exhaust System with Polished Tips; Side Exit (15-20 5.0L F-150). Please check out 1997-2003 Ford F-150 Exhaust Systems for an updated selection.
Verify parts fit and get product recommendations.
F-150 Sales Techs: Connect Now M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
$0.00

Product Videos

Justin: The C&L cat-back that we have here today will hands down be one of your most affordable full stainless systems currently available on the site for your 2015 through 2020 5-liter truck, while also delivering that very cool mid-cab layout four-exit design. Now, prospective buyers can look forward to full 409-grade stainless steel throughout, including the straight-through muffler design, which will allow for a pretty aggressive tone overall. Now, your price point's gonna land right in that mid to low $500 range, and the install, at least according here to the site, it's gonna get a solid two to three wrenches on the difficulty meter, maybe take you a couple of hours to knock out from start to finish, but hang with me for a bit, and we'll walk you through that job later in the video.But as is tradition, let's just jump right into the sound you can expect with the C&L cat-back in place. And as I just described, I feel like it's a bit more aggressive compared to C&L's other system, which is a chambered muffler, and you can also find that here on the site. But at the same time, it's still very, very livable. So, breaking out my highly scientific and patented wake-the-neighbors scale, I have the C&L dual side exit system coming in at a very strong three out of five on my one-to-five, or, of course, one-to-wake-the-neighbors scale. Now, inside the truck, this system is a bit more noticeable compared to C&L's chambered offering for this particular engine truck. And it's something I did notice on our test drive a bit, and it's something you guys should be aware of as well.But with the sound pretty much covered, let's move into your quality and construction with the C&L, and, as I did mention at the very start of this video, guys, again, one of the most affordable full stainless systems for this particular year range F-150. Now, you can't expect 409-grade stainless to be exact here, which is going to your mid-level material, behind 304 stainless on the top end or high end of things, and then of course you have that aluminized steel on the entry-level or low-end side of things. Now, 409, solid material no doubt, that will offer the corrosion resistance necessary for even those fairly snowy and salty areas. Now, aside from that full stainless material, you are looking at mandrel-bent tubing throughout, three inches to be exact, and that's going to lead into and out of your straight-through muffler design, before exiting out your 3.5-inch polished tips, which, by the way, have been made from that quality, top-of-the-line 304-grade stainless we just talked about. Everything else on this side is that 409-grade stainless.I'd say, without a doubt though, guys, the most unique aspect with this particular system from C&L is the fact that you're getting that dual side-exit design, which, again, is going to dump before that passenger-side rear tire. Now, this is a very cool layout, a very popular layout with truck owners out there, and it's something a few companies produce, but definitely not at this price point. You also have to keep in mind here, guys, that again, this layout can produce a bit more noise inside the cab of the truck, as I mentioned earlier, just due to that exit location. And again, it is kind of the give and take with the very cool layout like this. But now we want to segue into the installation process, and the site does claim there might be some trimming necessary to your primary pipe here, depending on your cab and bed length, but the instructions will lay that all out very clearly for you, again, depending on your wheelbase. But without further ado, guys, feel free to check out our detailed walkthrough and tool breakdown right now.Man: Tools needed for this install. Pry Bar, PB B'laster, three-eighths impact gun, 6-inch extension, ratchet, 10-millimeter socket, tape measure, 16, 14, 13 swivel socket, exhaust grommet removal tool, black marker.Hey guys, the first step of our installation on our 2018 Ford F-150 today is to remove the stock exhaust. There's two 13-millimeter bolts up front that hold the whole entire exhaust system on, three hangers that we're gonna lube, and once we get them done and get the two 13-millimeter bolts out, this whole exhaust system will come out from underneath the truck. Now, I'm on a lift, so it's pretty easy for me to get it out. If you're on the ground, you might have to make some extra cuts to get it off. But pretty much, it's a pretty simple removal of this old exhaust. Let's get started.Hey guys, so, our 13-millimeter bolts are right up here with this flange. I'm going to be using my three-eighths impact gun with a 13-millimeter swivel. You can get to it with a ratchet and a socket. It won't be too bad, but I'm going to use this, makes it a lot easier. I spray lubed the bolts with PB B'laster, so, to let them soak. Depending on the age of the truck, if the bolts have been in there a long time, might be a little bit hard to get out. But with PB B'laster, it'll loosen them up once they come through.There's one. And there's two. Now, the exhaust will stay hanging up there because of the mounts in the back. Now, we're going to lube the mounts and we're going to start removing them, and we can take this whole exhaust off in one piece. Next, we're going to spray lube our mid mount here with some PB B'laster, and I'm going to remove it with our mount removal tool. You might not have this. Don't worry about it. If you don't, use a pry bar, pair of channel locks, big set of channel locks, and it'll come right off. We'll remove this one first, then we'll go back, spray lube the other ones, and start removing them, and then the whole exhaust will come out.Now with that one removed, the exhaust still is going to stay up in place, because it's resting on the mount up there. And now we'll go to the back and lube the other two, and with a pry bar, we're going to remove them and pull this whole exhaust off. So now the next two rubber mounts, there's one located on this side of the muffler over here, and one back on the tailpipe. Again, if you're on the ground, you might want to have to give a cut back here, to remove the exhaust in two pieces. What I'm going to do here now is I lubed both rubber mounts. I'm going to take my pry bar, I'm going to put my pry bar up inside here, and I'm going to push back and pull. When I pull back, this whole exhaust system will come out in one piece. And again, if you're on the ground with jack stands and you have your vehicle up, it's probably going to be a little tough to get this leverage to do this, but you still can get it out, like I said, if you give it a cut.So, at this point, I'm going to pull back, the exhaust is gonna come off, and we're going to remove the whole exhaust. So, now we're gonna take a pry bar. It helps on this job to make sure you have somebody else to give you a hand if you're going to take this exhaust off in one piece. I have a helper, and we're going to pull it off. So, now that we have our factory exhaust removed, the manufacturer recommends removing all the hangers on the vehicle, which is also a good idea if you're laying on the ground. Taking the 10-millimeter bolts out that hold the rest of the hangers off will let the exhaust come down easier. You won't have to pry. On this new exhaust, we're going to be reusing one of the hangers in the middle of the truck, and we're going to be installing another hanger on the outside of the frame. This exhaust system, the manufacturer recommends assembling it on the ground and installing it on the vehicle. That is an option. In my case, I'm going to build the exhaust system from the front to the back, and reassemble the exhaust. That way, I get a better fitment, as far as when this exhaust is all finished and done.So, if you did remove the hangers to get your stock exhaust off, this hanger in the middle of the truck will be needed to be put back on, because this hanger we're going to reuse. Plus, in the kit, they supply us with another hanger, which is going to be mounted on the outside of the frame rail, right above the leaf spring perch, and we're going to put this on, and these will be the two hangers that we use to hold up our new exhaust.Now we're going to install our hanger that was supplied in the kit. I put two cage nuts up inside these two squares right here, that are already in there from the factory. We're going to install our hanger here. This will be the hanger that holds the exhaust for outside. I'm going to start by starting the top bolt and get it started. So, first one, and then I'll start the bottom one. Now, once I got them started, I'm gonna use my 10-millimeter, get them good and tight, and that is on. Next, I'm going to install the front flange. They supply you with two 16-millimeter bolts in the kit, so I'm going to end up sticking this up inside here, starting our nuts and washers. I'm just going to snug them up, just lightly, because we want to be able to move it so that we can get the exhaust where we want it, and make sure everything fits very nice and secure. And if you want to use your gun, just to give it a little tap, that's all you need for now. Until we get the rest of the exhaust, that'll be good right there.Now that we got our flange on, we're going to take our mid-pipe and we're going to give it a cut. Each vehicle has a different wheelbase. Manufacturer specs will give you a length that you gotta hold it to. On this vehicle here, we're going to cut it at 23 and three quarters, and then this will be the right size for us to fit this whole exhaust together. So, I'm gonna take my tape measure, come off the flanged end, make my mark at 23 and three quarters. Now we're going to take it to our chop saw, make our cut, clean our ends, and we'll be ready to put this piece on.Now that we have our mark, I'm going to make my cut at 23 and three quarters, then I'm going to take it over to our bench grinder and clean the pipe up after the cut. We made our cut. I'm gonna clean the burr up. Now that we have our mid-pipe cut, I'm going to install our mid-pipe on our flange. Sixteen-millimeter clamp that's supplied with it, we're going to tighten that up and just snug it. We're not going to make it very tight, so that we can move it around when we start installing the rest of the exhaust. That's pretty good for now, until we get the rest of the exhaust on.Now that I have the mid-pipe on the car and cut to length, I'm going to assemble the muffler and the two tailpipes. That way, with the hangers that we installed earlier on the vehicle, once we get the two tailpipes and the muffler put together, it'll be a lot easier to take it underneath the vehicle, hang it in the hangers, and everything will hold up nice and easy. So, let's get started. We'll start assembling this.First thing I'm going to do is install the cage nut on the front pipe. That way, once we get both pipes into the muffler, we'll be able to bolt them together here. After we installed our cage nut, now I'm going to install our clamps onto the muffler, before we put our exhaust pipes on. I try to install with the nut facing down. Make sure you have the inside adapter of the clamp to the flat part. Now that we have our clamps on, I'm going to start by installing our first pipe, getting the muffler square, so it's laying flat, and then install the second pipe, which will end up going over the top, where the clamp was that we had. And they will bolt together in the back. After we got our two pipes inside the muffler, we have our hangers on. Now I'm going to install the 10-millimeter bolt that was supplied in the kit into the cage nut that we stuck on earlier, and just get it started. That way, when we're ready to put it on the vehicle, we can tighten this all up for fitment after we get it installed.So, after we assembled our exhaust system on the bench over there, now what I'm going to do is slide the other hanger that was supplied in the kit, and get ready to install this exhaust. We should be able to put this exhaust up, it should be able to slide into this hanger. You'll be able to grab ahold of your pipe that we left loose, pull it back a little bit, and slide that into the muffler, and the exhaust system will stay up. That way, once we get it all up like that, we can start snugging, and getting the fitment and the proper alignment of everything. So now I'm going to install the exhaust. First thing I'm gonna do is get it started in my hanger like that, start holding the mid pipe, sliding that into that pipe like that. Take our clamp... And I like to keep my clamps straight and in line with one another. I think it just does for a nicer job. Now that we have this installed, we'll go over to the other side here and hook up the hanger that we installed earlier.So now that we have the exhaust hung up on the vehicle, the mount that we installed earlier in this segment, we're going to put the rubber mount that came with the kit, and install this rubber mount onto this hanger here, which will hold it up from the side and give us the side support plus the upper support. Now that that's done, we're going to start snugging our exhaust system, and then we'll finish with putting our tips on. Now that I have the exhaust up, all the hangers on, I'm going to start in the front, tighten the flange, work my way back. As I get further to the back, once I have this one tight, then I'm going to look at the muffler to make sure the muffler is flat, straight, it's not down on an angle. That makes the installation look a lot nicer, and it looks like it was a professional job. So, we're going to start up here with this flange and tighten this one. Get that one good and tight. And then the next one is right up top here, which is the flange holding on to the mid-pipe that we cut. Now, for this one, I'm going to snug it, but I'm not going to tighten it. I want to be able to adjust the muffler and take a look at it, and see if I have to move it around. So I will get it nice and snug. I'm going to stand back to the back of the truck, eyeball the muffler, kind of get it where I want it, and then once I get it in place, where it looks the best, I'm going to hold it where in place, and run that one on.Now, next, we'll be tightening the two tailpipes. Now we'll tighten our two tailpipes. Once we have those two tight, remember to tighten and finish tightening the 10-millimeter that's up top here, that holds the two tailpipes together. And now we could start installing our tips out the side. So, now the last step is to install the tips. We're going to take our two tips, slide them on. We're going to make sure that they're straight, and line them up where you would like them. I'm going to stagger these two tips. On the next one, I'm going to use an extension, my swivel socket, and make sure it's straight.That wraps up our review and install of our Proven Ground C&L Series Dual Exhaust System with Polished Tips Side Exit, for '15 to '20 F-150 trucks for the 5-liter. Thank you for watching, and for all things F-150, keep it right here at AmericanTrucks.com.

Product Information

Features, Description, Reviews, Q&A, Specs & Installation

Features

• Aggressive Performance Sound
    • Improves Exhaust Flow
    • High Flow Chambered Muffler
    • Mandrel-Bent 2.5-inch Diameter 409 Stainless Steel Tubing
    • Polished 3.5-inch 304 Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips
    • Passenger Side, Middle Dual Exit
    • Direct Bolt-on Installation
    • Fits 2015-2020 5.0L Ford F-150 Models
    • Not Compatible with Regular Cab Models with a 6.5 Foot Bed

Description

Aggressive Performance Sound. C&L Cat-Back Exhaust Systems are designed to give your F-150 an aggressive performance sound under acceleration and a nice tone at idle. With high-flow, mandrel-bent piping and a chambered muffler, this C&L Series Cat-Back will also improve your F-150's exhaust flow for an increase in overall power and performance.

Quality Construction. C&L proudly manufactures their Cat-Back Exhaust systems from mandrel-bent 2.5-inch diameter, premium grade, 409 stainless steel tubing for excellent exhaust flow and enduring corrosion resistance. This system features a high flow, chambered muffler and a pair of 3.5-inch, polished, 304 stainless steel exhaust tips.

Bolt-On Installation. C&L engineered their Cat-Back Exhaust to be a direct bolt-on upgrade replacement. This Exhaust System will easily bolt straight up to the factory piping for an easy straight forward installation. Please note that minor trimming of the front and mid pipe may be required. Clamps and instructions are provided.

Application. This C&L Dual Exhaust System with Polished Tips; Middle Side Exit is designed to fit 2015-2020 5.0L Ford F-150 models. Not compatible with Regular Cab models with a 6.5 foot bed.

Proven Ground

CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Installation & What's in the Box

Installation Info

What's in the Box

• (1) Front Pipe
    • (1) Mid-Pipe (Trim to Fit)
    • (1) Muffler
    • (1) Short Side Exit Pipe
    • (1) Long Side Exit Pipe
    • (2) Exhaust Tips
    • (4) 3-inch Exhaust Clamps
    • (1) Exhaust Hanger
    • (1) Rubber Exhaust Isolator